Are you the Workplace Health Manager of a company with many sites to monitor?
Are any of these true for you?
- Remote data collection is necessary – but sending staff to extreme sites is risky
- The ‘two person policy’ for remote sites is necessary – but very expensive to do
- Collecting timely data is key – and using people to do it isn’t always regular enough
- Accurate remote data collection is important – but not if it means undue risk to staff
- Employee wellbeing is vital to you – and to the company and its reputation
- Achieving reliable, remote data collection is important – but it’s been impossible so far.
Have you tried to change things by:
- Trying out new technologies – but they were unreliable and you had to send staff to site anyway
- Having custom devices made – but they were hard to use and still needed on-site maintenance
- Using 3G/4G for data transmission – but sites were out of range people had to be sent out anyway
- Installing unattended monitoring devices – but they couldn’t withstand the conditions and you had to send people out to repair or replace them anyway.
You’ve come to the right place
Pacific Data Systems has been a leader in smart remote data collection and control since 1984 and, over the years, we’ve helped many Workplace Health Managers.
SatVUE is our latest, industry-leading solution: a rugged, purpose-built, Plug & Play device that makes remote data collection reliable, cost effective and easy for your people to do.
For Workplace Health Managers like you, SatVue delivers:
- Plug & Play installation in three minutes – so it’s easy to install by non-technical staff
- Resilience to hot, cold, wet, dry, dusty or icy conditions – so you know it will operate continuously in extreme conditions
- Robust design with solar and battery power – so your running costs & maintenance costs are low
- Easy configuration – so it’s easy to set up and change if your parameters or projects change
- Satellite data transmission – providing global coverage which is not compromised by topography
- Ability to trigger automated tasks – so no need to visit site if key thresholds are passed
- Real-time access to the device and data – from an intuitive, easy-to-use web interface.
If you’d like to see how much you could save with SatVue, book a Cost Cutting Call with us.
Who is a good fit with us?
Pacific Data Systems has helped companies in Aquaculture & Agriculture, Asset Monitoring, Environmental Monitoring, Oil & Gas Exploration and Mining to achieve remote data collection since 1984.
Many SatVue customers share these characteristics. Does your organisation?
- You have many remote sites to monitor – so devices must be cost-effective
- Your sites are remote, dangerous or fragile – so sending people to do it is not desirable
- You’re outside 3G/4G networks – or the coverage is unreliable
- You regard monitoring as important to your business – and it must be done reliably
- You need data to be accurate and regular – and irregular or anytime sampling won’t do
- You employ non-technical staff on site – so devices must be easy to use
- You’d like a cost-effective solution that meets all these needs.
If you answered ‘yes’ to some of these, we could be a good for you too. Why not book a Cost Cutting Call to see how much you could save by using SatVue? Find out more here.
Who is not a good fit?
Over the years we’ve found that organisations who are not a good fit, answered ‘yes’ to many of these questions:
- Is remote area monitoring a box to tick – and you really don’t mind how well it’s done or not?
- Do you have very few sites to monitor – so sending people out is not a major expense?
- Are your sites within 3G/4G networks – and coverage and reliability are adequate?
- Are your sites not in extreme locations – and device cost, reliability or robustness are not really key?
- Finding a better solution for remote site monitoring is not a pressing issue right now. When it is, please give us a call.
Best Practice Guide
If we extended SatVue to other sites to measure groundwater and other parameters like stream chemistry, the return would be even more impressive.