Are you the Environmental Monitoring or Compliance Manager with many sites to monitor?
Are any of these true for you?
- Some of your sites are in fragile or remote locations – and sending people is not feasible
- Environemnatl monitoring is mandatory – but it’s getting too expensive to do
- Compliance is important to you – and for the company’s reputation
- Data accuracy is important – but not at any cost
- Collecting timely data is key – irregular or innaccurate sampling won’t do
- Achieving cost-effective environmental monitoring is vital – but it’s been impossible so far.
Have you tried to change things by:
- Trying out new technologies – but they were unreliable and vital data was missed
- Testing alternative technologies – but they weren’t robust enough and people had to be sent out to site anyway
- Having custom devices made – but they took too much time and money to build & maintain
- Using 3G/4G for data transmission – but sites were out of range or coverage was patchy
- Installing unattended monitoring devices – but they couldn’t withstand the conditions and ended up costing more for maintenance or replacement
You’ve come to the right place
Pacific Data Systems has been a leader in environmental monitoring and control since 1984 and over the years, we’ve helped many Environmental Monitoring & Compliance Managers.
SatVUE is our latest, industry-leading solution: a rugged, purpose-built, Plug & Play device that makes environmental monitoring in remote locations reliable, cost effective and easy for your people to do.
For Environmental Monitoring & Compliance Managers like you, SatVue delivers:
- Plug & Play installation in three minutes – so it’s easy to install by non-technical staff
- Resilience to hot, cold, wet, dry, dusty or icy conditions – so you know it will operate continuously in extreme conditions
- Robust design with solar and battery power – so your running costs & maintenance costs are low
- Easy configuration – so it’s easy to set up and change if your parameters or projects change
- Satellite data transmission – providing global coverage which is not compromised by topography
- Ability to trigger automated tasks – so no need to visit site if key thresholds are passed
- Real-time access to the device and data – from an intuitive, easy-to-use web interface.
If you’d like to see how much you could save with SatVue, book a Cost Cutting Call with us.
Who is a good fit with us?
Pacific Data Systems has helped companies in Environmental Monitoring, Aquaculture & Agriculture, Asset Monitoring, Mining and Oil & Gas Exploration to achieve environmental monitoring since 1984.
Many SatVue customers share these characteristics. Does your organisation?
- You have many remote sites to monitor – so devices must be cost-effective
- Your sites are remote, dangerous or fragile – so manual monitoring is not an option
- You’re outside 3G/4G networks – or the coverage is unreliable
- You regard monitoring as vital to your business – and it must be done reliably
- You need data to be accurate and regular – and irregular or anytime sampling won’t do
- You employ non-technical staff on site – so devices must be easy to use
- You’d like a cost-effective solution that meets all these needs.
If you answered ‘yes’ to some of these, we could be a good for you too. Why not book a Cost Cutting Call to see how much you could save by using SatVue? Find out more here.
Who is not a good fit?
Over the years we’ve found that organisations who are not a good fit, answered ‘yes’ to many of these questions:
- Is remote area monitoring a box to tick – and you really don’t mind how well it’s done or not?
- Do you have very few sites to monitor – so sending people out is not a major expense?
- Are your sites within 3G/4G networks – and coverage and reliability are adequate?
- Are your sites not in extreme locations – and device cost, reliability or robustness are not really key?
- Finding a better solution for remote site monitoring is not a pressing issue right now. When it is, please give us a call.
Best Practice Guide
If we extended SatVue to other sites to measure groundwater and other parameters like stream chemistry, the return would be even more impressive.