Are you the Instrument Supervisor of a company with many remote sites to monitor?
Are any of these true for you?
- Remote site monitoring is mandatory – but it’s getting more expensive
- Some sites are in remote, dangerous or fragile locations – so sending people isn’t feasible
- Technology might be the answer – but reliability & maintenance costs are variable
- Technology fit with your infrastructure is critical – but it’s hard to assess beforehand
- Achieving reliable, remote site monitoring is vital – but it’s been impossible so far.
Have you tried to change things by:
- Trying out new technologies – but they were unreliable and expensive to maintain
- Testing alternative technologies – but they didn’t fit your infrastructure & ended up costing more
- Having custom devices made – but they were costly and couldn’t be reconfigured
- Using 3G/4G for data transmission – but sites were out of range or coverage was patchy
- Installing unattended monitoring devices – but they couldn’t withstand the conditions and ended up costing more for maintenance or replacement.
You’ve come to the right place
Pacific Data Systems has been a leader in smart remote site monitoring and control since 1984 and over the years, we’ve helped many Instrument Superintendents.
SatVue is our latest, industry-leading solution: a rugged, purpose-built, Plug & Play device that makes remote site monitoring reliable, cost effective and easy to do.
For Instrument Superintendents like you, SatVue delivers:
- Plug & Play installation in three minutes – so it’s easy to install by non-technical staff
- Resilience to hot, cold, wet, dry, dusty or icy conditions – so you know it will operate continuously in remote sites with extreme conditions
- Robust design with solar and battery power – so your running costs & maintenance costs are low
- Easy configuration – so it’s easy to set up and change if your parameters or projects change
- Satellite data transmission – providing global coverage which is not compromised by topography
- Ability to trigger automated tasks – so no need to visit site if key thresholds are passed
- Real-time access to the device and data – from an intuitive, easy-to-use web interface.
If you’d like to see how much you could save with SatVue, book a Cost Cutting Call with us.
Who is a good fit with us?
Pacific Data Systems has helped Instrument Superintendents in Mining, Oil & Gas Exploration, Environmental Monitoring, Aquaculture & Agriculture and Asset Monitoring to achieve remote site monitoring since 1984.
Many SatVUE customers share these characteristics. Does your organisation?
- You have many remote sites to monitor – so devices must be cost-effective
- Your sites are remote, dangerous or fragile – so manual monitoring is not an option
- You employ non-technical staff on site – so devices must be easy to use
- You’re outside 3G/4G networks – or the coverage is unreliable
- You regard monitoring as vital to your business – and it must be done reliably
- You need data to be accurate and regular – irregular or anytime sampling won’t do
- You’d like a cost-effective solution that meets all these needs.
If you answered ‘yes’ to some of these, we could be a good for you too. Why not book a Cost Cutting Call to see how much you could save by using SatVue? Find out more here.
Who is not a good fit?
Over the years we’ve found that organisations who are not a good fit, answered ‘yes’ to many of these questions:
- Is remote area monitoring a box to tick – and you really don’t mind how well it’s done or not?
- Do you have very few sites to monitor – so sending people out is not a major expense?
- Are your sites within 3G/4G networks – and coverage and reliability are adequate?
- Are your sites not in extreme locations – and device cost, reliability or robustness are not really key?
- Finding a better solution for remote site monitoring is not a pressing issue right now. When it is, please give us a call.
Best Practice Guide
If we extended SatVue to other sites to measure groundwater and other parameters like stream chemistry, the return would be even more impressive.